Monday, August 3, 2009

Fashion Designer Q&A with Summer Douglas







A 4'll curvaceous, and petite Summer Douglas discusses her love for fashion. The bubbly young lady is a fashion designer you'll be hearing about in the near future.












Q.Who or what inspired you to become a fashion designer?
A. “I always had a passion for fashion and I also loved art and designing”. “I was inspired by my grandfather who was a designer and tailor for many years”. “He never had the chance to take his talent to the next level”.
Q. Who are your favorite designers?
A.” Diane Von Furstenberg, Dolce & Gabbana, Michael Kors, and my two new favorites Versace and Roberto Cavalli”.

Q. What projects are you working on as of now?
A. “I’m working on a new fashion show, starting work on my boutique (store or online store) and I have decide to start up a fashion group on facebook and twitter”.

Q. What projects have you done?A.” I've taking time off to work on some of my major projects right now so I haven’t started on anything new”.

Q. I heard that you're working on your own clothing line is that true?A.” Yes my line is called “Remmus” which is my name spelled backwards”. “I decided to go with Remmus for the name because a lot of my designing and inspiration is my style and who I am”.

Q. Do you have signature pieces in the garments that you make?A. “Yes the signature piece I have right now is my Re-me tee which has my logo or the name of my line it comes in a variety of colors and should be available soon.”

Q. What are your favorite fabrics to play with?A.” I love knits fabrics they are so comfortable to wear, soft, and when used just right it can give you that illusion of a par or hourglass shape”. “I also like a good luxury fabric that is a silk, cashmere, or satin or sateen with a print or pattern on the fabric”.

Q. Why did you choose UNT to further your education as a designer?A. “At first UNT was not on my radar, but after really doing my research on the school and their fashion design program the fashion design program looked outstanding”. “They have some of the best teachers and many of their students have gone on to be very successful in the industry especially in New York and they had one of the biggest fashion shows in the Dallas area”. “Not only that the University itself is one of the top universities in Texas I knew then this was the school for me”.

Q. What are your goals after graduation?
A. “I want work in the industry for a few years, have more then one boutique open, and hope I have started to make a name for myself”.

Q. What kind of women do you want to design clothes for?
A. “Young women in their 20's to early 30's she has to love “Fashion” like to be sexy with a classic but modern style, independent, confident, has curves and/or petite. I‘m only 4‘11, petite, and I have curves”.

Q. What do you love about the fashion industry?
A. “The one thing I love about the fashion industry is that it gives you the chance to express who you are, what you are feeling and that other people can be apart of that and take a little of that with them”.

Q. Where do you go when you need to absorb inspiration for your collection?A. “I really get inspiration from just being at home because most of the time myself is the inspiration”. “If I do decide to go somewhere to get inspired or get inspiration I choice places that are quite, new, different, and beautiful”.

Q. Do you think the recession has had an impact on fashion if so why?A. “Yes because a lot of customers have had to cut back or make adjustments in their lives because of the recession and the designers as well”. “Many designers make their living off the customer, and many designers have gone bankrupted or going to because of the recession”.
Q. What do fashion followers have to look forward to from you in the future?A. “Look for a fresh, sexy, classic, and stylish fashion line called “Remmus









Jazzy Baptiste xoxo

1 comment:

Artieka said...

That dress is hotness!