Monday, November 23, 2009

Model Q and A with Meica Bradshaw




Striking at first glance with a signature walk that can book her for any fashion show, 20- year- old Los Angeles, California native Meica Bradshaw shares her experience as a working model beginning in the fashion industry.






Q. When did you first start modeling?

A. “I first started modeling when I was a freshman in college”. “The Merc majors would ask me to be in their little shows at school and ever since then I kept doing it”.

Q. What inspired you to become a model?

A. “My passion for fashion and everything involved with the fashion industry, and also people always saying that I should be a model”.

Q. Do you like the runway better or do you like photo shoots more?

A. “I personally like runway better because it’s super fun and there are a lot of other models around so I meet new people and catch up with the ones that I already know”. “Photo shoots are really fun too but they are a lot of work”! “Most of the shoots I've done are about 5-7 hours long depending on how many other models are there to shoot also, but the end result photo is always worth it”.

Q. How do you prepare for a photo shoot or runway show?

A. “I kind of prepare the same way for both I get a lot of sleep, shave wax legs, underarms, arms, bikini area.” I also make sure I get my eyebrows threaded, practice my runway walk and poses for shoots that’s about it”.

Q. What models of the past have inspired you?

A. “Both models from the past and present inspire me”. Past models that have inspired me are Grace Jones, Naomi Campbell, Iman and present models Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Chanel Iman”.




Jazzy Baptiste xoxo

No comments: